Skip to main content

Response to Lily-J1

When reading Lily Wobbe’s blog I found some things that I disagree with. One specifically her blog titled” Trump: America's Last President?”  I think this blog was a bit of an overreaction on her part. Let me explain why.
When having this discussion we were just mentioning the point some journalist were making in Trump becoming  America’s last president. I do  agree that these so called journalist do over exaggerate the stories. Trump isn’t a fascist. Only people with extreme views believe such a thing.
Lily states “Let's dissect that. In order for Trump to be the last American president, total chaos and/or anarchy would essentially have to have consumed the U.S., whether this be by way of nuclear war, natural disasters, of just complete revolution among citizens. And we're a very long way from any of those happening to the degree that democracy in America collapse” . I disagree. To understand the United States politics you must go back. The downfall of America has been brewing for some time now. What i like to call modern history(1920-current) has seen the most change, the most havoc. First with the women's movement,then the Civil Rights Movement,the LGBTQ+ movement  that fighting hard for their rights. But, they do say what comes around goes back around in history. I’m starting to feel the sense that country is going down hill into revolution again to make better for ourselves and future generations. We the people are divided all over the place. Racism is ruining everything from jobs to just regular friendships. I don’t think it is a very long way from happening.
We have a president that goes and fights countries over Twitter. The people have every right to angry. Nuclear war is still a great possibility. We still have North Korea, Russia, Iran to deal with. With the president we have any of those countries could revolt against us any day. I hope never to see that day ever. I just think our president  isn’t grasping the idea that being president isn’t like running a business. 
The president is most certainly destroying our democratic processes. He said he would pardon himself. That is very dangerous. I think we need a president that can read the Constitution. He has fired FBI agent James Comey because he wouldn’t give him loyalty. Doesn’t that sound like corruption to you? Breaking his Constitutional powers?
This isn’t an easy issue to talk about. Lily I respect your dedication and hardwork to do your blog. Lastly, I respect your opinion, and hope for you to read this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class Discussion Response on Conglomeration-J1

At first when we started talking about conglomeration I didn’t know what Mr.Miller was talking about. I thought in my head “What is conglomeration?”. But, as he started to explain it became clear to me what he was talking about. As soon as Mr.Miller said “These big companies own lots of small companies to spread their message” . The first thing that came to mind was something I saw on Twitter a while back ago. It said 6 corporations own about 90% of what we watch and listen to.  I knew that large corporations like to spread their message (good or bad) to as many people as possible. They have such an impact on our lives that we rarely even know. As said earlier they have the potential to spread their message, no matter if it's against the people’s wishes or not. As I see this unravel I grow deeply saddened , because in my view no one corp. should have so much power in this modern society. This is one thing I’ve been waiting to talk about , because this is an important issue and

Printing Press Discussion-What if it didn't exist?-J1

Today in class we talked about how our lives would be different if the printing press didn’t exist. I can tell you know that we had some deep thoughts in this discussion. My first reaction was me not doing anything but working. We wouldn’t have any kind of school unless you were rich. Imagine not having a chance to go to school because you’re poor or not good enough. That would be outrageous. We would all be illiterate. Books would be few, and life would be hard. We would have to literally sit around and talk amongst each other. What a radical idea? Things would be very different. I heard multiple people say they wouldn’t even be here. Either they were mixed or their parents met in college. The reason I say mixed people wouldn’t be alive is because their ancestors come from different areas around the world. People didn’t travel  much prior to the Colonial era. People lived tight knit societies. You would have regional activities that only they would know. There would be many differ

Class Response-J1 blog

A couple of days ago both journalism classes had a group discussion. Mr.Miller made a Google Slideshow called “72 hours of hell”.  That was a very good title. Last week was tragic for too many people. From the Kroger shooting, to the package bombs, and lastly the Synagogue shooting in Pennsylvania. We really needed to talk about this. Mr.Miller went over stuff that we as regular citizens should do.  We openly talked about these terrible acts and heard many opinions on the topic. I comment I heard specifically was “ These terrible acts are happening from both sides of the aisle”, but that's simply not true. When in last 10 years have you  seen any leftist do something to this degree? I bet your answer was “no” . We talked on how we should watch out for ourselves and overall be more aware. I think in today's society we need to change the way we think. These crazed people were  racist, Anti-semitic , hated all minorities. Maybe mental health was a problem, but that's n